Monday, September 27, 2010

Latest Nokia N900 earns 4 of 5 stars from Mobile Tech Review

0 comments
One of the reviewers whose opinion I trust and respect is my friend Lisa Gade. She just posted her Nokia N900 review and gives it 4 out of 5 stars with the cons being lack of portrait mode and rather short battery life. I have been using the eval unit more lately and can’t get over how well integrated communications is on the device (Skype, threaded SMS, IM status, etc.). I do agree though that battery life is a factor and I can’t go a full day with it running the things I want to run.
Nokia N900 earns 4 of 5 stars from Mobile Tech Review
I have about a month left with the evaluation device and am leaning heavily towards purchasing one for myself in January. Lisa agrees with me that the N900 browser is the best on ANY smartphone and that is one major factor in pushing me to buy my own N900. While devices like the N97 frustrate me at times with low RAM, I have yet to find any hardware spec limiting me on the N900 and only have software frustrations. Software frustrations can be easily addressed with updates and new software.
As I have spent even more time now with the N900, these are the pieces of software I want to see:
  • Gravity or other good Twitter app
  • Google Maps or updated Ovi Maps client
  • MMS support
  • Office document creator
As you can see, I am not asking for much more to make this my primary device. An extended capacity battery would sure be nice too.

Comments

0 comments to "Latest Nokia N900 earns 4 of 5 stars from Mobile Tech Review"

Post a Comment

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com